Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Too Much Noise

This morning I read to the class the story "Too Much Noise". 

Do you know this one? It's about an old man Peter who decided his house was making too much noise, so he went to a wise man for advice. The wise man suggests one animal after another for Peter to bring home. All this means that with each page turn his house is getting noisier instead of more quiet. In the end, the wise man says to get rid of the animals, so Peter obediently does. As a result, Peter is pleased to notice how quiet his house really is.


 In our class version, my class had ME complaining to our Principal that my classroom was too noisy.


With each new page, the principal says to get a different animal.



I think this was a pretty successful morning, the kids enjoyed drawing their animals and making the sounds (repeatedly) that their chosen animals make.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Love me, you really love ME!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...