Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Destination Summer Vacation Linky Party

I'm linking up with Krista at The Second Grade Superkids for her new linky party!



It was really hard to pick just three since we saw so much of Canada when we drove halfway across it, but I've narrowed it down to three of my favourites.

1.  When my husband (then fiance) and I drove across the country a few years ago we drove the Northern route through Ontario so he could visit Timmons and the Shania Twain Centre. For me the highlight was panning for gold. Unfortunately it was a wet day, but we still had fun.

Shania Twain Centre, Timmons ON, Gold

Shania Twain Centre, Timmins, ONShania Twain Centre

2. Earlier that Summer we visited Lunenburg Nova Scotia for the first time. This is a UNESCO World Heritage site, and is also where the Bluenose was built (in case you didn't know, that's the schooner pictured on the Canadian dime). We didn't see the Bluenose, but that's okay, we've seen it a bunch in Halifax over the years. There are so many beautiful buildings here. The picture of us is inside a neat restaurant where the bar looks like a barrel. The first building pictured is (or was) a local Elementary school. It has since been consolidated. The last picture is an Ice-cream shop you HAVE to visit. Yum!




3. And Finally, last summer a week after our wedding we took a day trip as our Honeymoon to Peggy's Cove, NS. I'd never been, but many kids have been as part of a school trip. In the first picture you can see the lighthouse behind us. You can also see another Icecream parlour, this one with a very nice name, lol. The rock structure is one I saw daily on a local commercial. Well, not a commercial exactly. Do you remember when stations used to fill the last five minutes with another video?




I hope these are the best three. I debated including Niagara Falls, Upper Clements parks, Winnipeg and Thompson, Mb....



8 comments:

  1. These look like such beautiful and relaxing places! I have never been to Canada...it has been on my "to go" list for awhile now! Thanks for linking up and sharing!

    -Krista
    The Second Grade Superkids

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love light houses! I need to travel to Canada one day and see some of these beautiful places.
    Lauren
    http://thetravelingthirdgradeteacher.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This summer was actually only the first time I've seen Peggy's Cove, but I have seen so many other lighthouses over the years. You must visit!

      Delete
  3. Your pictures are beautiful! I've never left the U.S.... maybe someday I will make it north!! :)

    Marvelous Multiagers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad you left a comment for me--I'm your newest follower!

    After reading your comment, I want to visit P.E.Island! Your vacation pics are awesome.
    ReadWriteSing

    ReplyDelete

You Love me, you really love ME!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...