Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Blogger Feature: A Crucial Life

I'm a little sad that I've only had 3 people link up for my celebration, there's still time to add your link to my linky and follow me. I really REALLY want to share my favourite ideas and resources from YOU!!! But you have to link up first.




Today I'm going to start with A Crucial Week...
My button

Emer is an Irish Primary School teacher, and according to the Profile is living in Italy this year to teach.



Here are my favourite ideas and resources from Emer:

1. Woolly Octopus
Emer suggests this easy little craft as either a teacher made reward for behaviour or as a class craft. I remember doing something similar in guides about a million years ago in the 80's.

It's really easy to make, just click on the link to go to the tutorial.

I think it'd only be doable inmost classrooms if you could get parents to each donate a small ball of yarn, because this could get very expensive. I've never seen yarn at my dollarstore, so I'd be looking at at least $2 a student, and that adds up too quickly.

2. Painted Pebbles
Emer made these to use a classroom rewards. I could definitely see myself doing this next year.

I can also imagine my students enjoying painting small rocks for art. Maybe give each student four, and they have to paint the life cycle of a butterfly, or whatever we're studying?

3. Fraction Stations
I think Emer is using the term Stations the way I would use Centres?
 In anycase, this is a great resource to teach/review fractions with your elementary aged students. I love how hands on all 8 cards are!

4. Big Scale Art
I'll be honest and say I've seen this before, but I love how this art project is collaborative.  Just divide up a picture,and have students recreate it in a larger scale. It's beautiful Emer!

5. Authors Box
I like the idea to keep all your class created books together in a dedicated box. I think this one is cute!


THERE were so MANY more great ideas that Emer shared, but since many of them weren't Emer's, I didn't think it would be fair to share someone else's resources, but definitely go to the Blog and see ALL the ideas shared there, there are some really good ones!




No comments:

Post a Comment

You Love me, you really love ME!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...