Sunday, February 3, 2013

Chinese New Year Idea Overload

It's that time of year again, and I've collected together a bunch of ideas and pins that I like which would hopefully be useful to teach a unit on Chinese New Year.

Chinese New Year is celebrated Officially on February 10th this year in Canada.

There are ENDLESS possibilities for teaching about Chinese New Years.

I never got very elaborate when teaching about it, only doing a single story and craft, always the same one I did year after year myself as a student. Now, thanks to my Pinterest Addiction, when I someday get back into the classroom, I'll have too many ideas, lol

One of my favourite books to read during math class on this day is Grandfather Tang, and then I hand out the squares to cut and make shapes. The kids have a ball, do yours?



Another Chinese story I tell every year (and even if I need to fill time when I substitute), is Stone Soup. There are several different book versions due to the age of the tale. I know it by heart, but in case you don't, here's a link to the actual story:



Now, onto some pins:
Cherry Blossoms








Source: alphamom.com via Desiree on Pinterest




Hats:





Blue Willow Plates:


Lion:


Lanterns:


Drums:


Colouring Page:


Can Have Are Tree Map:


Vocabulary Activity:


Check out my Pinterest Board for more ideas and activities.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Love me, you really love ME!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...