Monday, October 7, 2013

A few activities this month...

I'm being a bad blogger, but I'm just going to do a photo dump this week. Next week I'll try to resume my weekly features and start sharing resources I've created for my classroom. Please don't hate me!

Here's my daughter passed out on my classroom floor when she came in to "help" me clean my classroom this weekend.

September 30th our school recognized (because celebrate is not a good word for this occasion) the first annual Wear Orange Day. Next year I'll be better prepared with an actual orange shirt ( I own NOTHING orange, lol), but my kids and I made do with orange hearts on our hands and cheeks. Orange Shirt Day recognizes the survivors and victims of the Indian Residential Schools.
 The Same week we celebrated Cultural day, so for a craft we made these cute little Teepees, which made a cute little village. Too bad my camera died and I didn't get a picture of the whole village.

We have now studied 6 sight words (we're going very slowly to increase the chances my lower learners learn them), so on Friday we played Sight word concentration.

We've made several different fall trees to celebrate the new season. These ones are glue first for texture, then paint.

We made these Pirate glyphs from teachwithme when the Purple Pirate visited.

We finished our patterns unit in math, so I made our outside bulletin board into a brag board. It's bordered with our patterned friendship chain, the bottom features  our pattern flowers, and above that is our pattern border we created as a class (pumpkin, heart, tree)

This is actually from early in the year. Each student glued popcorn kernels to a glue letter of their initial.

This will be a product I share soon. We are studying Family in Social Studies, and so made these adorable family trees.

These are our seasons apple trees we created for our first art project.

These are our torn paper Fall leaf trees. I had a  lot of fun making my sample..

***********************************************************
If you would like me to review other books for kids please leave a comment. It must be useful to either teachers or parents of children age 4 to grade 2.

Want to find awesome resources for your Early Childhood Education classroom?
Visit Reading With Mrs. D on Teachers Pay Teachers
Facebook
Twitter
Pinterest
Reading with Mrs D


Today's featured resource: 
Letter Reversal Bundle



Help support Reading With Mrs. D and our family. Join Swagbucks and we can both earn money to spend on our kids!



No comments:

Post a Comment

You Love me, you really love ME!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...