Friday, November 22, 2013

Weekly Friday Feature #5: Primary Classrooms are Oceans of Fun

I'm going to try really hard to catch up on these features, now that my first batch of report cards are over and done with, and as of Thursday this week I've had my first observation by my Superintendent! EEK!

I recently participated in my first Facebook Frenzy, and I couldn't believe how many new followers I got from that, but all on my fan page, I don't think any of them found their way over to my blog. But that's okay, right now most blogs I follow hear more from me on Facebook than on their actual pages!

I'm celebrating my quickly (for me) raising number of followers with a new weekly feature. If you'd like to be included, please fill out  this little survey. HERE. Please  for your blog name include a link to your blog to make it easier for me to find you, thanks!

I will share as part of these features a link to your blog, your best TpT product (according to you), your most popular freebie and approximately 5 of my favourite ideas I find on your blog.



The fifth up?
Primary Classrooms are Oceans of fun!

I just have to say, I love her blogs background, so cool! This Michigan teacher has a lot to offer.

She says her best paid product on TPT is Comparing and Contrasting Writing Unit which she sells for $5.
Comparing and Contrasting Writing Unit
This 98 page item has a ton of practice available for your students such as comparing little red riding hood with the Goldilocks and the 3 bears. She gears this product towards grade 2 or 3, so it's definitely above the abilities of my emergent readers, but it's something to look for maybe later in the year.

She believes her most popular Freebie (at least when she signed up for my features) is her Classroom Learning Centers for the Primary Grades which is a whopping 105 pages! wow that's a lot of resource for free!
Classroom Learning Centers for the Primary Grades
I have to say, I LOVE this books dedication page. I never thought to add one into any of my products yet, not even my scribble art.

Now on to my favourite 5 or more ideas I've found on her blog. Remember, I try to pick the remainder of the ideas that are NOT more links to things we have to pay for.  I like being able to teach for FREE on a teachers salary as much as possible.

1. Here first idea I want to share is to wrap Washi tape around the eraser end of a pencil to mark the pencils you want to stay at a certain spot or that students have borrowed from you. I want to try this for my guided reading table.

2. For Social Studies she had her students design their dream communities. This might fit well with my mapping unit in June.

3. I love this graphing activity and posting it in the hall so everyone can compare.
 

4. I think it's also cute that she has patterns of the month in her calendar time, what a great way to review!

5. Here's an awesome buddy activity for this Christmas: Edible Christmas trees!

Check her out! She has some really great ideas, I'm glad she signed up to be featured, because I will definitely be using a few of these.

Fingers crossed I get another feature ready to go for next Friday!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for such a wonderful write up! I just wrote a bit about you as well:)

    -Beach Teacher
    Primary Classrooms are Oceans of Fun

    ReplyDelete

You Love me, you really love ME!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...