Monday, December 2, 2013

Grinch Gym Game

I have to teach gym at my school, and since it's not a subject I've had much training in, I like to play games with my kiddos. I've made up several of our games completely on the fly!

Last week we finished up our Dr. Seuss author study by watching "How the Grinch stole Christmas", and so for gym that afternoon we played a Grinch game.

Here for you is a run down in case you want to try it with your kiddos too.


GRINCH TAG

You need a GRINCH and  a CINDY LOU WHO

The Grinch tags the other students who when tagged have to sit in a designated spot (to be the Grinch's bag or sleigh). Cindy Lou Who can rescue them by giving them a HIGH TEN.

But must be careful not to get tagged herself.

Pretty simple, but they loved it and asked to play it again, so I guess gym is planned for this wee already, lol.






***********************************************************
If you would like me to review other books for kids please leave a comment. It must be useful to either teachers or parents of children age 4 to grade 2.

Want to find awesome resources for your Early Childhood Education classroom?
Visit Reading With Mrs. D on Teachers Pay Teachers
Facebook
Twitter
Pinterest
Reading with Mrs D


Today's featured resource: 
Letter Reversal Bundle



Help support Reading With Mrs. D and our family. Join Swagbucks and we can both earn money to spend on our kids!



No comments:

Post a Comment

You Love me, you really love ME!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...