Friday, May 23, 2014

Weekly Friday Feature #10: Kindergarten Boom Boom

I'm celebrating gaining followers again on BlogLovin. As of when I was writing the first feature I had 77 followers.I'm now up to 107, and 1093 on my Facebook group!  Blogger says I have 112, but no one uses that to follow anymore, so it's not a real number, is it? Plus, I don't actually have ANY idea how many followers I or any of you have because not everyone moved to Bloglovin', some of us chose Feedly or another feeder...

But I digress...

I'm celebrating my quickly (for me) raising number of followers with a new weekly feature. If you'd like to be included, please fill out  this little survey. HERE.

I will share as part of these features a link to your blog, your best TpT product (according to you), your most popular freebie and approximately 5 of my favourite ideas I find on your blog.


Tenth up?

Kindergarten Boom Boom is written by the Lovely Cara from Southern Florida. Over the last ten years of teaching (graduating the same year as me!) she has looped several times with her kiddos resulting in her teaching both Kindergarten and first grades. Check out her awesome blog and her huge classroom!

As of when Cara filled out my online form to be a featured blogger, she believed her best paid TPT product to be Chunks we Know, a morning message bundle which focuses on the "Chunky Monkey" Reading Strategy. I love this because I try to use this strategy in my guided reading! It retails for $3. Check it out!
Chunks We Know - Morning Message Lessons-Common Core

The second question I ask my featured bloggers is what is their most popular Freebie, and this can be either on TPT or hosted elsewhere )many of mine are in google docs!

Cara believes her most popular freebie is her Kindergarten Chat product which as of the writing of this post had 1585 downloads! This wonderful product helps students develop listening skills and explain the information they have just learned. Great for guided writing practice!
Kindergarten Chat Freebie

And now onto the ideas I found while searching through her blog.

Note to bloggers, it is SUPER hard to find JUST five in some of your blogs!

1. Magnetic Table? While looking for a good description of who Cara is I stumbled upon this page on her blog with pictures of her classroom, and tucked into the very bottom is a description of her students favourite centre in the room: A magnetic white board cut down to size and glued to a coffee table! I want one!

2. 3D Shapes Headbands game. I wish I'd known this idea before I finished this last unit! Students walk around the classroom helping their classmates identify the shape they are wearing. I'm SOOO doing th
is next year!

3. Natural vs Manmade resources. Students used these laminates signs on a community walk to point out whether a resource was natural or not. So cute!

4. 100th day experiment! Students had to estimate how much water was 100 drops, then use a dropper to see how close they were. Sweet! Adding this to my list for next year.

5. Colour coded computer/electronic plugs! need I say more?

And I'll stop at 5 because these are all awesome and I could go on for too much longer!

1 comment:

  1. WOW! Mrs. D! Thanks so much for featuring my blog!!
    :0) Cara
    Kindergarten Boom Boom

    ReplyDelete

You Love me, you really love ME!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...