Friday, May 9, 2014

Weekly Friday Feature #8: Lessons from the middle

I'm celebrating gaining followers again on BlogLovin. As of when I writing the first feature I had 77 followers.I'm now up to 102, and over 1000 on my Facebook group!  Blogger says I have 112, but no one uses that to follow anymore, so it's not a real number, is it? Plus, I don't actually have ANY idea how many followers I or any of you have because not everyone moved to Bloglovin', some of us chose Feedly or another feeder...

But I digress...

I'm celebrating my quickly (for me) raising number of followers with a new weekly feature. If you'd like to be included, please fill out  this little survey. HERE.

I will share as part of these features a link to your blog, your best TpT product (according to you), your most popular freebie and approximately 5 of my favourite ideas I find on your blog.


The Eighth up?
Lessons from the Middle
Krystal is a middle school teacher with a huge blog following! She's also a fellow Canadian teacher blogging from one of my favourite provinces for summer vacations: PEI! She teaches grade seven math, so she's definitely a teacher to have respect for, I could never teach that subject at that level, I hated Math, lol.
Lessons From The Middle

Krystal says her most popular Paid product on TPT is her Back to School: Turn the First Days of School into PD for Students which sells for $4. It's geared towards middle years students and offers a ton of useful ways to get to know your students at the beginning of the year and to build your class into a team, just like teacher PD does for us and our staffs.
Back to School: Turn the First Days of School into PD for

Krystal believes her most popular Freebie is her Organizing Social Studies Projects For Any Content (W/Rubrics) Gr.6-9 which offers  mini projects to aid in student social studies learning and to ensure they retain interest.
Organizing Social Studies Projects For Any Content (W/Rubr

And now onto what great ideas I found while strolling through her wonderful blog. I will do my best!

Note to bloggers: It is really SUPER hard to choose just five ideas of yours to share!

1. For an end of the year activity she designed a freebie where students can write their impressions of the year, which can then be laminated and given to students as a memento with their report cards.
student reflection for end of year

2. She had her class make crystal shapes using Borax. I've seen this before but never seem to remember it when it would fit my curriculum.
 St. Patrick's Day Borax craft


If you teach Middle School, I'm sure you can get more out of her wonderful blog than me, but since I'm a first grade teacher it's hard to find ideas that are truly useful to me.

So sorry I couldn't do your blog justice!


No comments:

Post a Comment

You Love me, you really love ME!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...