Monday, November 3, 2014

Learning the Months of the Year

I've been trying to teach my kiddos the months of the year as part of our daily and seasonal changes unit in science. Considering that now two months into school and daily calendar time the days of the weeks are only now starting to click (I can hear them humming the Addams family), it'll be a year long battle to memorize, but I am up for the challenge. 

I started by playing for them a variety of months of the year songs on youtube so we can decide which is our classes favourite. the one with the most votes was:


But honestly, I can't find one that I like as much as our days of the week song:
Or our seasons of the year song:


I can't remember where I found either of the two worksheets pictured, but they are not mine, and they are free somewhere online...

Anyway, we sang our new song, then we "read" the months of the year in order on this cute caterpillar. After we coloured them different colours, I handed out the second page, and they cut out the scrambled months. We used the caterpillar as a guide to make sure we chose the month with the right letters in it's name.


We still have a long way to go until we all know the months names and which seasons they are in, but we're working on it!


How do you teach the months?

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Love me, you really love ME!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...