I then shared with them this music video from an artist who understands why we need to remember, and wrote a beautiful song about our yearly "Pittance of Time":
Every Class in our school sends two students up during the assembly with our Remembrance day offering. Last year my class made a beautiful wreath, his year I had them make a cross.
Here's my quick Tutorial:
1. Water down paint and have students paint both sides of plain cupcake liners.
2. The next day when they are dry, show the students how to put the eraser end in the centre of the circles and fold completely over so they look like a little umbrella. Open up enough to look like little bowls.
3. Cut a little green circle for the centre of the flower and glue in the middle of the cup.
4. Create a cross out of cardboard and black construction paper.
5. Glue or staple your poppies all over, and you're done!