Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Healthy Eating Northern Style

So eating healthy is a trouble spot for a lot of people, and our community is no exception.

When planning my lessons on healthy eating, I stumbled upon this old poster from the Northern Store using a modified medicine wheel to show the food groups. 
I noted that the colours used for each food group were the same as those found in the Canada Food guide, so I went with that to plan this lesson.

I gave my kiddos each their own medicine wheel and had them colour the quadrants as shown on my smart board. We them brainstormed foods for each section. I was sure to include food they eat locally like our blueberries in the summer and the moose meat in the fall.

After our brainstorm I distributed old magazines and fliers to cut out one food item for each quadrant.
I'm kicking myself for not taking a photo of the finished products, but they were awesome!











No comments:

Post a Comment

You Love me, you really love ME!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...