Saturday, May 23, 2015

Number Sense Trees

One of the most popular math centres in my classroom this year were my number sense trees which I introduced in the early fall for practice.

The only problem was that they were only good for 1-10 review, which was fine in September, but in October/November we were studying 1-20, and they didn't help reinforce the same skills for the higher numbers.

So,

I've fixed up the set, now offering 1-20, but also individual sets for the original 1-10, and 11-20 as a stand alone set, depending on your students skill sets, and the sequence you teach math skills.

I've also included a few more types of cards to sort on to the matching trees.
Dice
Dominoes
Tallies
Ten-frames
Words
NEW: Tens and Ones

NEW: Fingers

The font has been changed to a much more child friendly font as well. I LOVED my previous choice, but this is better for this product.

Here's a student trying to sort the cards onto the original version:


Get your set now, click on the appropriate cover:
Maple Leaf: Tree Sorting Mats 1-20Maple Leaf: Tree Sorting Mats 1-10Maple Leaf: Tree Sorting Mats 11-20



I'm thinking of making an additional set for numbers to 100, but have the trees be tens instead of individual numbers, what do you think? I don't think I've seen anything like that available else where.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Love me, you really love ME!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...