Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Job Hunt 2013

So I've officially begun looking for a teaching job for 2013. I sent off one application so far, to Flin Flon Manitoba, and am considering reapplying to the reserve I previously taught on for two years.

But I am also focusing my search on Alberta instead on Manitoba because my husband has a branch of his company there, and he could easily transfer.

I wish we could stay in Nova Scotia, but there are fewer than None jobs here for teachers. It's getting depressing.

So I've started doing research into the schools and communities I see advertised for next year, and have my fingers crossed.

I worry what type of questions I'll be asked, and how to answer them, and how long an answer to give.

My fingers are crossed!


***********************************************************
If you would like me to review other books for kids please leave a comment. It must be useful to either teachers or parents of children age 4 to grade 2.

Want to find awesome resources for your Early Childhood Education classroom?
Visit Reading With Mrs. D on Teachers Pay Teachers
Facebook
Twitter
Pinterest
Reading with Mrs D


Today's featured resource: 
Superhero Classroom Posters FREEBIE

Help support Reading With Mrs. D and our family. Join Swagbucks and we can both earn money to spend on our kids!


3 comments:

  1. Searching for a new job and going through the interviewing process in nerve-racking and I totally get how you feel. I am searching for a job in Alberta also, though in the Edmonton area. Unfortunately I am still waiting to hear from the Alberta Teachers Association to see if all my stuff transfers from Mississippi allowing me to be certified to teach in Alberta. I'll keep my fingers crossed for ya!

    Brittany
    Lovely Literacy & More

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I came across your blog through the Canadian Linky Party. I remember the interviewing process too...it's definitely stressful, but we always seem to get through it the best that we can, so I'm sure you will do great! Jobs in Ontario are hard to come by too, at least in my board they seem to be. I hope that you find something soon! Good luck!
    Doodling Around in 6th Grade

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know exactly how you feel! There are no jobs for teachers in Ontario either. I've been supply teacher for almost 6 years now and I've only had one long term contract. With the new hiring practices, I'm hoping that things won't be even more difficult. I cross my fingers that I'll get an interview for the Long Term Occasional Teacher list (since my board now has TWO supply teacher lists!) Even with my French, jobs are scarce. I wish relocating was an option, but it's not at this time. We have moved our children way too many times already, and they need roots for the next few years. :) We lived in Alberta for 4 years and I LOVED everything about it!!! I would move back in a heartbeat!

    Good luck with the job search! I've been working a series of 6 blog posts regarding interview questions. It's now week 4 and I post a new set every Sunday. Come check it out! You might find something to help you out, or at the very least, reassure you that you know what you're doing! ;)

    Prepare for the Interview, Part 4

    Renee
    The Adventures of an Occasional Teacher

    ReplyDelete

You Love me, you really love ME!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...