Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Squiggle Art

One thing I have used MANY times in the classroom, both as a substitute teacher, and as a classroom teacher when I had my own class, is squiggle art.

Are you familiar with this activity? It's pretty simple.

Students look at a squiggle they've been given, and turn it around and around until they see something they can create out of it.

Sometimes I give a theme, like a monster at Halloween, or something to do with a science or social studies unit, but the choice is yours.

For a connection to language arts, I have my students write a short story to accompany their found squiggle art.

To make it easier next time in the classroom (My fingers are crossed I find a job for September!), I created this collection of 116 squiggles. Some are really easy, and others are complicated, so they should be good for a wide range of grades. Here is a preview:


250 Squiggle Art Pages

250 Pages! Only $10

I'll be adding a collection of more simple squiggles in a few days.

What do you think?



***********************************************************
If you would like me to review other books for kids please leave a comment. It must be useful to either teachers or parents of children age 4 to grade 2.

Want to find awesome resources for your Early Childhood Education classroom?
Visit Reading With Mrs. D on Teachers Pay Teachers
Facebook
Twitter
Pinterest
Reading with Mrs D


Today's featured resource: 
Squiggle Sentences

Help support Reading With Mrs. D and our family. Join Swagbucks and we can both earn money to spend on our kids!


No comments:

Post a Comment

You Love me, you really love ME!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...