Sunday, September 14, 2014

Plasticine Fidgets

One thing my kiddos this year all have in common is attention issues. So this week I introduced small clumps of plasticine that they could squeeze in one hand while working, as long as they follow a few rules:

1. It is not playdough
2. One hand only, the other on your pencil.
3. Do not wrap around other school supplies, cut with scissors, or stuff in glue caps (yes, these rules are evolving as the week passes).
4. If you are playing with it and not working at the same time, I will confiscate it.

It's a work in progress, but I know that as the novelty wears off it will work its magic on their need to fidget.


DO you provide fidgets?

***********************************************************
If you would like to guest blog or would like me to guest post on your blog, please comment or send me an email.

Want to find awesome resources for your Early Childhood Education classroom?
Reading with Mrs D



Today's featured resource: 
28 Summer Scrambled Sentences PLUS Recording Pages

Help support Reading With Mrs. D and our family. Join Swagbucks and we can both earn money to spend on our kids!


No comments:

Post a Comment

You Love me, you really love ME!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...