Thursday, September 18, 2014

Weekly Sight word review

My kiddos are REALLY low, so we have a LOT of work to do this year to make sure we're ready for the Second grade.

So to learn our Sight Words, we're learning them as we review (and in some case learn)  our Jolly phonics sounds. For the first Six letters, you learn the basic sounds for when you're using Jolly are SATIPN.

I painstakingly went through ALL the Dolch list and reorganized all 220 words so that the words were in an order that coordinate with the sounds in Jolly. We'll be long finished with Jolly before we get through all the words though. However, no word will be learned unless we've learned the sound, then we'll get to the tricky words. I'm not really sure EXACTLY how I'll do it as we go along, but for now, we are on pace.

One thing we'll do each week with our Five sight words is the below. I was inspired by THIS PIN for this activity. I put all the necessary letters on post-it notes and had students come up and help me read and spell/sound out the words. If necessary I will review as we go along.









***********************************************************
If you are interested in being a guest blogger, or would like me to guest post on your blog, please comment below or email me. I would LOVE to collaborate.

Want to find awesome resources for your Early Childhood Education classroom?
Visit Reading With Mrs. D on Teachers Pay Teachers
Facebook
Twitter
Pinterest
Reading with Mrs D


Today's featured resource: 
product_0

Help support Reading With Mrs. D and our family. Join Swagbucks and we can both earn money to spend on our kids!


No comments:

Post a Comment

You Love me, you really love ME!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...